Home > blog > Fumigation of used mattresses when moving to Canada.

Fumigation of used mattresses when moving to Canada.

December 19th, 2013

When moving to Canada and shipping your house hold goods, used mattresses may need to be fumigated prior to arrival in Canada.

The list chart below will help you determine whether you need to fumigate your used mattresses or not.


Returning CanadianHow long was I absent from Canada?If less than 1 year-> NEED FUMIGATION – NO EXEMPTION

If more than 1 year -> EXEMPTION Read below for conditions

Settler – Landed immigrantEXEMPTION Read below for conditions
Seasonal resident (Not Canadian)NEED FUMIGATION – NO EXEMPTION

To get an exemption, you MUST do the following:

1. Get B4 and inventory list stamped by Canadian customs at the port of arrival.

2. Send the Originals back to you – the agent

3. Make sure to give a copy of the stamped B4 and inventory documents to the driver that is picking up the shipment. He must have this at the border crossing.

If you need to fumigate, you will need to get a certificate of fumigation. The certificate needs to indicate the items that have been fumigated, the type of fumigant – ONLY Sulfuryl Fluoride (Vikane) is accepted, the rate per ounce and the min temperature of the fumigation process. The fumigated items need to be sealed in accordance with CBSA Memorandum D9-1-7, also known as the used mattress materials regulations.

Review Date
Reviewed Item
Moving to Canada - Fumigation of used mattresses
Author Rating
Categories: blog Tags:

Please be advised that we have no connection or affiliation to "mudanzas orbit moving" in Mexico. We will not be held responsible for any fraudulent activity that "mudanzas orbit moving" in Mexico participates in. Please be warned that you enter into agreements with "mudanzas orbit moving" at your own risk.