Moving to Switzerland overseas shipping
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Drugs and narcotics are prohibited. There are restrictions on importation of firearms, ammunition, ivory, skins and food.
Household goods can be imported duty free providing that:
- All items (incl. car, aircraft or boat) have been in the use and possession of the immigrant for at least 6 months
- The immigrant continues to keep all items for his own and personal use (motor vehicle for at least one year).
- The importation takes place during the 1-year period of transfer of the residence.
- Any foreseen subsequent consignment must be reported and listed at the time of the first importation.
- Up to 200 litres of alcohol below 25º can be imported duty and tax-free and a maximum of 12 litres for alcohol over 25º.
Required documentation to be supplied prior to importation:
- ORIGINAL Immigrants personal customs declaration (Customs form 18.44). (English explanation page)
- Detailed inventory of the goods (in French, German or Italian). New items must be listed and valued separately on the inventory.
- Photostat copy of the passports basic data.
- Lease or property title of the residence in Switzerland.
- The Swiss residence permit (or equivalent official certificate).
- Copy of the registration card and licence of motor vehicle.
Cars must have been owned (not just used) for six months preceding importation and must not be sold for twelve months following importation into Switzerland.
Cars may be imported duty free provided that the owner has used them for at least 6 months overseas. New cars are subject to VAT, duty and statistical tax.
Dogs and cats do not require quarantine provided that they have been vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days before. A certificate to this effect must be produced together with a copy of the passport.
Under certain circumstances, when these documents cannot all be met at the time the shipment is being cleared, it is possible to obtain a temporary entry. In such cases it is required to put up a bond with Swiss customs for as long as the entry is not finalised. The missing document has be presented within 6 months. Please note that customs will charge additional cost for the temporary clearance, around SFr.100.00-300.00.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Switzerland customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Switzerland
When moving from Canada to Switzerland it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Switzerland, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Switzerland and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Switzerland. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Switzerland and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”