Moving to Sweden overseas shipping
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Narcotics, mobile/wireless telephones and any goods made from endangered species may not be imported. A certificate, from the Plant and Wildlife Department in the country of origin, must accompany live plants to show that they are healthy.
Used household goods may be imported duty free into Sweden provided the goods have been in the owner’s possession and used abroad for at least one year. You must have lived outside Sweden for at least one year and be intending to remain in Sweden for at least one year. Duty is payable on new goods.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
* Household goods inventory (3 copies) which must detail the contents of each carton (i.e. glasses, kitchenware, toys etc.)Descriptions as “packed by owner” etc. are not accepted by the customs. This is important to avoid extra charges if the customs officer has to make an examination at domicile because of improperly compiled inventory.
* Signed Swedish Customs Declaration “Customs Exemption for migrants property: from off assurance” which should be signed in Sweden as it has to be witnessed by persons resident in Sweden. If signed abroad, there should only be the signature of the owner on the document and passport number. Note: The owner must have arrived in Sweden before the customs clearance can be effected. Should the goods arrive before the owner, the goods can be stored in bonded warehouse.
For diplomatic personnel, the following documents are required
* Special permit from the Swedish Foreign Department. (Application for duty free import).
* Household goods inventory.
AUTOMOBILES AND OTHER VEHICLES
Automobiles may be imported into Sweden provided they can provide:
Evidence that the owner has used the vehicle at least twelve months abroad i.e. bills of repair, statement of credit card charges, gasoline notes etc.
* Certificate of foreign residence for at least twelve months.
* Evidence in Sweden i.e. certificate from employer and registration for Swedish i.d. number.
* Evidence of residence abroad i.e. from employer.
* Insurance certificate for the last 6 months.
The owner of the car must perform the clearance by himself and must be present at the customs office during the time of clearance. An environment fee will be billed according to model and catalysis system. Always check with your T.I.M.N. member in advance before shipment of all kind of vehicles.
Liquor 40%, VAT 25% of the value of the bottles & tax 501,41 SEK / litre alcohol.
Wine 25% VAT of the value of the bottles & tax 22,20 SEK / litre & duty 1,3% of the quantity.
As delays and extra charges can occur if alcoholic beverages are included in household goods shipments we strongly recommend not to include such beverages in the shipment.
Cigarettes, cigars and tobacco are also dutiable.
Firearms may only be imported after a license has been issued by the Swedish Police and has been presented to customs.
You must obtain an import licence from the Swedish Board of Agriculture and this should be applied for at least 30 days before you expect to arrive in Sweden. All animals must have a veterinary certificate issued not more than ten days prior to import. Quarantine is not required if you are travelling from a Rabies free country. Animals from all other countries require 4 months quarantine. You must book your animal’s quarantine place, and receive a confirmation that a place has been reserved, before you leave for Sweden. Once the quarantine period is o er, you must keep your pet isolated from other animals for two further months. Dogs must not have been vaccinated against leptospirosis within three months prior to import.
In view of the stringent import regulations on living plants, it is recommended that these are not included in household goods shipments.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Swedish customs office for full and current information prior to importation. Check http://www.tullverket.se/ for more info
Moving to Sweden
When moving from Canada to Sweden it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Sweden, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Sweden and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Sweden. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Sweden and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”