Moving to Malta
- Passport or Identity Card
- Residence Visa
- Certificate of Residence Change
- Customs Bond
- Bank Guarantee
- Letter of Guarantee
- Proof of Employment
- Declaration stating that all imported goods have been used prior to their import
- A.I.P. Permit or Permanent Residence Permit from Finance Minister in Malta or Work Permit from Expatriate Division
- Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment
- Inventory (in English) detailed (PBO “packed by owner” not acceptable)
- Import license
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY PRIOR TO ARRIVAL OF GOODS FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- All shipments inspected
- Shipments must arrive within six months of Customer
- Used household goods are duty-free if:
- Owner is a returning citizen or a foreign national who has been outside Malta for over 18 months
- Foreign nationals taking up temporary residence or having a Work Permit, may import their used household goods duty – free, but a cash guarantee must be lodged with customs authorities which is refundable
- New items
- Electrical/electronic appliances
- Bicycles and boats
- Fax machines require an Import License
- Firearms and weapons are subject to Police License (make, country of manufacture, serial number and specifications required)
- Drugs and narcotics
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Dish antennas, cordless and mobile phones and air band receivers or transmitters require an Import License (must supply make, country of origin, serial number and specifications)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY PRIOR TO ARRIVAL OF VEHICLE
- Returning citizens or permanent residents are allowed to import one auto duty-free
- Temporary residents can import one used car which has been in their possession for at least six months; however, it is dutiable
- Right-hand drive and only lead-free fuel is available
- Car must have been registered in owner’s name for over six months
- Documents required:
- Import License is required from Department of Trade
- Export Certificate or Log Book
- MOT or Test Certificate to show road worthiness
- Road Insurance or Green Card valid for Malta
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, we cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Moving to Malta
When moving from Canada to Malta it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Malta, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Malta and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Malta. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Malta and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of Consulates in Canada:
Consulate General of Malta in Toronto, Canada
The Clarica Centre
3300 Bloor Street, West Suite 300
Etobicoke, Ontario M8X 2X2
Phone: 001 (416) 207 0922, 207 0989
Fax: 001 (416) 207 0986
Honorary Consulate of Malta in Beaconsfield, Canada
504 Montrose Drive
Beaconsfield, Quebec H9W 5 W7
Phone: 001 (514) 697 6563
Fax: 001 (514) 697 6525
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”…