Moving to Uruguay
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
To import firearms and ammunitions the consignee must obtain a Uruguayan Ministry of Defence permit before shipment is made. Otherwise firearms will be retained by Customs.
Household goods and personal effects shipments or unaccompanied luggage must arrive within 90 days from Shipper’s arrival in Uruguay.
Returning Uruguayans (including Diplomats and Uruguayans who have been working for international organisations).
- Certificate of Residence abroad issued by the Uruguayan Consulate at origin, stating that Shipper has resided abroad for a minimum period of one year.
Itemised inventory in Spanish, legalised by the Uruguayan Consulate at origin.
- If Shipper is not a permanent resident in Uruguay, he will have to deposit a banking guarantee letter or the value of the shipment in titles. These will be returned by the Customs authorities once the shipment leaves the country or the Shipper has normalised his status by obtaining a Permanent Visa.
- Itemised inventory in Spanish.
Foreign diplomats or military personnel
- Franchise to be obtained from Uruguayan Ministry for Foreign Affairs by the Diplomatic Mission or the Foreign Official Organisation the shipper belongs to, upon presentation of packing list and original bill of lading.
Temporary admission – Used vehicles for Non-Residents or Transitory Residents in Uruguay
Kindly note that through a new Governmental authorization of our Ministry of Finances, Non-Residents or Transitory residents in the country may be allowed to import their used car under temporary admission. In order to apply for import of a used car under temporary admission, shipper must:
* Show proof of their quality of “Non-Resident” or “Transitory Resident (through our Migration Office in Montevideo)
* Show proof of a work contract with any private or public company in Uruguay
* Show proof of vehicle’s property in his name, through registration document at country of origin with a validity of at least 6 months prior to arrival in Uruguay
* Full Customer and Account information in Uruguay should be sent to our Agent prior to shipping car
* Formalities with Ministry of Economy can take about 2 to 3 months before being able to proceed with customs clearance
The temporary import of the car will not exceed a maximum term of 18 months (to be considered from the exact date of clearance), after which vehicle will have to be re-exported
Kindly note that a bank guarantee may be required in order to authorize the vehicle’s temporary admission, and this will be returned at time of re-export of the vehicle
Recommendation that full information on shipper and account in Uruguay, be forwarded to our Agent prior to shipping car
All the following documents are required in order to obtain diplomatic franchise with Uruguayan Foreign Affairs Ministry.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Title or certificate of register or matriculation.
- Registration form.
Uruguayan Diplomats and Uruguayans who have been working for international organisations
- Same as above but these documents must be legalized by Uruguayan Consulate at origin. An official translation of document into Spanish will also be required (which must be obtained in Uruguay).
- If officers were in mission abroad before 1st March 2002, they will have to pay normal Port Charges and Customs Ad-Valorem on Cars CIF, Value, COFISS, etc. as usual. *
- If officers have been designated in mission after 1st March 2002, when returning they may import automobile, but at time of selling the car for the first time will be subject to payment of:
a) VAT – 23% on CIF value
b) If Car is petrol powered – 27% on CIF value
c) If car is diesel powered – 47% on CIF valueIn addition to the normal Port Charges, Ad-Valorem, COFISS, etc. indicated above*
As of June 1st 2002, Uruguayan Customs Regulations state that returning Uruguayans are no longer authorized to import used cars. Pertinent regulation which was in force (Decree 567/1993) has been abolished.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Uruguayan customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Uruguay
When moving from Canada to Uruguay it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Uruguay, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Uruguay and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Uruguay. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Uruguay and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”