Moving to The United Arab Emirates
Moving to The United Arab Emirates (UAE)
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
It is prohibited to import the following items: wine & Liquor, all types of drugs, narcotics, arms & ammunitions, pornographic literature and audio/video tapes, religious books and audio/video tapes containing blasphemy against religion and beliefs. It is also prohibited to import items which go against the preservation of endangered animals (like Ivory, Tiger skin etc.).
Personal Effects and Household Goods
Generally all used Household goods are exempted from the payment of custom duty. If brand new items are found 5% of the CIF value of the goods will be charged as custom duty.
- A copy of the Bill of Lading/Airway Bill should be made in favour of the consignee mentioning our agent as the notify party. Short descriptions of the items as used Personal Effects and Household goods of . . . . . (mentioning the name of the consignee) indicating correct number of packages and its weight and measurements. Complete packing list mentioning items, boxwise/packagewise and the value of the same.
- A photocopy of the passport of the individual to whom the consignment is addressed to and an authorisation letter from the same individual authorising our agent as the agent to custom clear the consignment on his behalf. If the individual is arriving in UAE and in station during the time of custom clearance these documents can be obtained locally and directly from the consignee.
- Ocean Freight, Original Bill of Lading, in duplicate, and Packing list in triplicate & original insurance certificate (if applicable) should reach our agent, at least three days prior to the arrival of the vessel concerned.
- For Air Freight, Packing List in triplicate along with insurance certificate (if applicable) should be attached with the Master /House Airway Bill.
All packages will be inspected by the Customs Officers at the airport/seaport prior to the release. If the consignee wishes to inspect the goods at his residence, customs will charge min US$ 55.00. This facility can be demanded only when the consignment is large or containerised. Video tapes, exposed films, audio tapes, maps and books will be taken out and subjected to a through check by the Ministry of Information. All types of Pornography tapes and literature will be confiscated and destroyed and in some cases called for explanation why the prohibited items are included in the consignment.
For Automobiles and Motor Cycles, Engine Numbers, Chassis Number, Make, Model, Colour, Year of Manufacture, should be inserted in the B/L /AWB. If the vehicle is used one and exemption of duty is expected, then the certified copies of registration book of the vehicle issued by the originating country should be also attached with the original documents.
The time required for custom clearing shipment and delivering to the consignee’s residence is two days for airfreight and for sea freight three to four days.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest United Arab Emirates customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to United Arab Emirates
When moving from Canada to United Arab Emirates it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to United Arab Emirates, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to United Arab Emirates and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to United Arab Emirates. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to United Arab Emirates and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”