Moving to The Bahamas
If you are moving to the Bahamas and plan to ship your household goods and personal effects, there are customs regulations in the Bahamas. Please consider the following:
Bahamas’s rules and regulations regarding the importation of used household goods and personal belongings:
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR MOVING TO THE BAHAMAS AND SHIPPING HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS TO THE BAHAMAS
• Inventory of household goods and personal effects (valued)
• Letter authorizing Destination Agent to clear shipment of household goods and personal effects
CUSTOMS REGULATIONS FOR MOVING TO THE BAHAMAS AND SHIPPING HOUSEHOLD GOODS TO THE BAHAMAS
• In case of a customs examination, it is recommended that the client be present at the customs examination process
• All household goods and personal effects items dutiable, except used personal effects (clothing and toilet articles)
• Antiques with a certificate of authenticity from an authorized dealer or expert
• Duty may become payable on an assessed value at the Customs Officer’s discretion
PROHIBITED HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS ITEMS
• Weapons and ammunition
• Plants (Health Certificate required)
• Articles contrary to Bahamian religious beliefs or morality will not be allowed into the country
• Import permit prior to shipping
• Copy of auto title is required
• An invoice is required for recently purchased autos
• Duty on vehicles based on value of vehicle:
$10,000 or less – 65%
$10,001 to $40,000 – 75%
$40,000 over – 85%
Hybrid & other electric cars – 25%
Environmental levy charged on vehicles
Value Added Tax – 7.5% implemented by Bahamas Government January 1, 2015.
DUTY AND TAX RATE
• The most common charges that a transferee may incur is 35% duty + 7.5% stamp tax. (Duty and stamp tax are on a C.I.F. value)
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Poland customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to The Bahamas
When moving from Canada to The Bahamas it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to The Bahamas, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to The Bahamas and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to The Bahamas. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to The Bahamas and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”