Moving to Scotland Overseas Removals


The C3 customs form is required to clear each international shipment through customs. Customs is very strict about this form, and will only accept original forms with original ink signatures, i.e.; fax copies are not accepted.

  • Customs Form (Import Declaration), two fully completed originals need to be provided to Customs
  • C-3 (Household goods and personal effects for primary residence)
  • C-33 (Household goods and personal effects for secondary residence)
  • C426 (for diplomatic entry – C426 consists of 3 copies and is available from the National Advice Service – 0845 010 9000)
  • C104A /C384 (Motor Vehicles)
  • C-5 (Pets)
  • Valid Passport
  • Visa may be required
  • Work Permit
  • Detailed Inventory in English, two copies, valued, dated and signed by Customer
  • Keys for any locked items

More information available at


Goods must arrive within twelve months after Customer or up to six months before customers arrival
Other regulations vary according to the following:
Customer moving principal home or returning to the United Kingdom:
Used household goods and personal effects including tools of trade, can be duty-free if:
Items have been in Customer’s own use for at least six months before they are imported
Customer can prove that duty and tax have been paid on them prior to arrival in the United Kingdom
Customer declares them on C-3
Customer entering from outside the EC must have lived at least twelve months abroad and cannot sell, lend or hire out or otherwise dispose of the items in the United Kingdom within twelve months of importation, unless Customer obtains Customs authority first
Customer who is setting up a secondary home in the United Kingdom

Customers living in another EC country used household goods

Household goods and personal effects can be duty and tax free if:
Customer either owns a secondary home in the United Kingdom or is renting one for at least twelve months
Items have been for Customer’s own use at least three months prior to importation and will not be sold within twelve months after importation
Customer can prove that duty and tax have been paid on them prior to arrival in the United Kingdom
Customer declares them on C-33

Customers living outside the EC

Used household goods and personal effects can be duty, but not VAT free if:
Customer has lived for at least twelve months outside the EC
Customer either owns a secondary home in the United Kingdom or is renting one for at least twenty-four months
Customer has owned and used the items for at least six months before they are imported
Customer can not sell, lend, hire out or otherwise dispose of the items in the United Kingdom within twelve months of importation, unless Customs authority is obtained first
Customer can prove that duty and tax have been paid on them prior to arrival in the United Kingdom
Customer declares them on C-33
Special regulations apply to students, newlyweds, visitors, inheritances, those shortly to marry, to goods originating from EC countries, personal antiques (not for resale), etc. Specific details in these cases must be obtained by Customer directly from Embassy/Consulate.


New items, if less than six months old (invoice required)
Alcohol, tobacco and perfume products dutiable and must be declared on Customs Form
Plants will need a Phytosanitary Certificate


Valid Firearms Certificate issued by the police authorities
All handguns other than certain .22 caliber target pistols, are now illegal in the United Kingdom. Importation is strictly prohibited
Ammunition, flick knives, explosives and fireworks
Drugs and narcotics
Counterfeit currency
Pornographic material and horror comics
Meat, poultry, fish and other animal products
Radio transmitters (CB radios, walkie-talkie, cordless telephones, etc.) not approved for use in the United Kingdom
Trees, plants, shrubs, seeds, bulbs, soil, potatoes and certain other vegetables and fruits
Most animals and all birds, whether alive or dead (i.e. stuffed) and certain articles derived from protected endangered species including furskins, ivory, reptile leather and goods made from the endangered species


Importation for most private vehicles is duty-free if:
Owner moving primary residence to the United Kingdom (Customer living outside the EC must have been abroad for more than twelve months) and vehicle has been owned and used abroad by Customer for at least six months
Was not purchased under duty/tax-free scheme, is for personal use and is not to be resold within one year of importation
Declaration to HM Customs – must specify year of manufacture, make, model name, serial number, chassis number, engine number, cubic engine capacity, number of cylinders, whether petrol or diesel, whether left or right hand drive, description of the body, price, the odometer reading, any extra or special features (e.g. automatic transmission) and any defects in the auto that would bring the price down
Documents Required:
Customs Form C104A (Importing vehicle in connection with moving main residence to the United Kingdom)
Customs Form C104F (Importing vehicle for a 6-12 month period)
Customs Form C384 (Importing vehicle when duty is applicable)
Community Transit Document (T2) obtained from Customs office in the country of exportation
Registration papers/Title
Police Certificate or Registration
Insurance Policy
Original Purchase Invoice
Log Book


Very strict restrictions apply
Health Certificate and proof of inoculation required
Customs Form C-5 required
Dogs and cats: six months quarantine required in government approved facility
Quarantine kennel space limited, must be booked prior to importation
Import License – not granted until other requirements have been met, and quarantine (six months) in licensed facility has been arranged.

Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest United Kingdom customs office for full and current information prior to importation.

Moving to Scotland

When moving from Canada to Scotland it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Scotland, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Scotland and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Scotland. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.

The Best Overseas Moving Companies

There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.

To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.

The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Norway and choosing the right overseas moving services.