PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Firearms, ammunition, drugs, alcoholic beverages, foodstuff.
The Portuguese consulate general’s requirements: (438 University Avenue, Toronto Ontario – (416) 217-0966)
If you wish to cancel your Canadian residency and return to Portugal permanently, you can aply for Portuguese Customs tax exemptions on your own car, motorcycle or boat, by presenting at this Consulate:
– Your Income Tax of last 2 years
– Yorr vehicle booklet
– your Canadian driving/sailing/motoring license
– Documentation proving you owned the vehicle/boat for at least the last 6 months prior to the shipping date.
– Vehicle search (Confirmation letter)
– Statement of the intended date of your return, permanently, to Portugal.
– Address and Phone number in Portugal where you can be personally contacted by the Portuguese Customs.
– Shipment of personal effects.
If you wish to cancel your residency in Canada and permanently return to Portugal, you can apply for a Portuguese Customs tax exemption on your personal belongings. For this you are required to present to the Consulate:
– Portuguese passport (if you are married please add also your wife´s or husband´s passport)
– Luggage list: item listing all the articles and specifying quantities. (Only used household articles are allowed. Electrical items must be used and furthermore, identified according to the brand, model and serial number.)
– Declaration with your complete identification, mentioning the date you became a landed immigrant in Canada, date of your intended definitive return, as well as your complete address and phone number in Portugal where you can be personally contacted by the Portuguese Customs.