Moving to New Zealand
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Animals, Insects, Fish, Reptiles, Birds etc., Skins, Raw Wool, Animal Hair or Bristles, Horns, Hooves, Bones, Feathers, etc., Saddles, Harnesses, Animal Rugs and Brushes, Meat, Sausages, Poultry, Eggs, Seeds, Plants, Fruit & Vegetables, Honey, Viruses, Vaccines, Fungi etc., Weapons and Firearms.
Generally owned and used household goods and personal effects (clothing, jewellery, etc.) being personal property are admitted duty / GST free provided client:
- Is coming to New Zealand intending to take up permanent residence (and has been granted residency status) or is on a Work Permit for at least 12 months.
- Is a returning New Zealand resident having lived outside of New Zealand at least 21 months (or provide documentary proof that the consignment was shipped from New Zealand).
Documents required by New Zealand Customs:
- Client’s passport
- Detailed inventory list (by the mover)
- Receipts for recently purchased household items.
- Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration
- MPI SUPP Declaration
- Quarantine Declaration for containers into New Zealand
- Important Import Information for Motor Vehicles
Owner must be a first time immigrant with permanent residency Visa to obtain tax free entry of motor cars and motor cycles:
- Having personally owned and personally used the vehicle for at least one year prior to either handing in for shipment, or their departure from the country (whichever is the earlier).
- The vehicle is intended for their personal use and not for resale or other disposal.
Goods & Services Tax (G.S.T.) will apply at 12.50% of value, plus freight and insurance if Owner does not meet this criteria.
NOTE: Regulations for motor vehicles seem to change with some frequency and it is advisable to contact our agent for current information.
IMPORTANT: Please do not ship any motor vehicles to New Zealand prior to obtaining a Statement of Compliance from the Manufacturer of the vehicle, verified by a Land Transport Safety Authority in New Zealand. Contact address as follows:
Land Transport Safety Authority,
PO Box 2840, Wellington, New Zealand
Tel: 0064 4 494 8600
Fax: 0064 4 494 8601
Free phone: 0800 699 000
For further details and more comprehensive information on import of used household goods / personal effects and motor vehicles into New Zealand visit the following web sites:
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest New Zealand customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to New Zealand
When moving from Canada to New Zealand it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to New Zealand , Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to New Zealand and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to New Zealand . Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to New Zealand and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”