Moving to Luxembourg overseas shipping
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Weapons, firearms & ammunition, drugs, wine, liquor, tobacco, food and new goods
Household goods may be imported duty free (including cars) provided that the owner has lived for more than one year outside EEC country and less than one year in Luxembourg and the goods have been owned and used for a minimum of 6 months before loading date at origin.
For car and Household Goods, we need the certificate of residence otherwise you pay a bond for the car of 10% duties and 15% taxes and for the goods 3.5% duties and 15% taxes.
Wine shipments must be part of a move and not new bottles.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- A detailed packing/loading list in French, English or German.
- A certificate of residence established at the local town hall in the commune where he is going to take residence.
- Copy of passport.
- Document added to the Inventory List. This may not be signed by the shipping company and therefore the shipper needs either to be present, or to send a Power of Attorney to sign on their behalf.
- Shipper has to provide ownership for six months (invoices) and is allowed to import a few bottles (approx. 100 ltrs). Taxes – duties must be paid depending on alcoholic degree.
The original title is needed to import vehicles duty free. Failing to provide these documents will result in duties and taxes which are calculated on the value of the car being applied.
These charges can either be paid cash on customs clearance or to be paid by employer after confirmation of them or also by the agent if they confirm they accept those charges. Then we advance the bond on our side.
Some diplomats will be cleared on the basis of a form 136 F or attestation from the employer can be sufficient (depending the cases)
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Luxemburg customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Luxembourg
When moving from Canada to Luxembourg it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Luxembourg, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Luxembourg and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Luxembourg. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Luxembourg and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of Luxembourg consulates in Canada:
Consulate of Luxembourg in Calgary, Canada
Teknica Overseas Ltd.
2500, 530 8th Ave SW
Canada T2P 3S8
Phone: +1 403 262 55 76
Fax: +1 403 262 35 56
Consulate of Luxembourg in Montreal, Canada
138, rue Villeneuve Ouest
Montreal, QC H2T 2R5
Phone: +1 514 398 60 63 et/ou ++1 514 849 2101
Fax: +1 514 398 71 48
Consulate of Luxembourg in Toronto, Canada
55, Woodlawn Avenue West
Canada M4V 1G6
Phone: +1 416 865-0694
Fax: + 416 363 -1782
Consulate of Luxembourg in Vancouver, Canada
Ladner Downs Barristers & Solicitors
1200 Waterfront Centre
200 Burrard Street
Vancouver, B.C. Canada V7X 1T2
Phone: +001 604 640 4234
Fax: +001 604 687 1415
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”