Moving to Kuwait
Moving to KUWAIT
When moving from Canada to KUWAIT it is very important to choose the best Shipping company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. We have extensive knowledge with international relocations to KUWAIT, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to KUWAIT and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to KUWAIT. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
- Customs Duty/Tax for Personal Effectsis @ 5% of the cargo value as assessed by customs authorities. The consignee must produce cash receipt/invoice as proof of purchase of new items, for ascertaining customs duty. Used Personal Effects being imported first time are generally exempted from duty/taxes, however subject to absolute discretion of the customs officials.
- Consignee/Importer’s presence(along with original identification docs, i.e. Passport or Civil ID) is mandatory for inbound customs inspection & clearance
- Services are basedon direct customs clearance and delivery from customs to the designated point of delivery. Additional charges apply for shipments cleared to our warehouse for re-delivery.
- Origin handling agents must ensure proper packing/palletization of cargofor safe handling purpose and shipments must be conducive for all weather conditions. Pls note during peak summer season (July/Aug/Sept) temp is likely to reach between 45° to 50° C.
- Auto Imports:As per regulations in place, only Kuwaiti Nationals are permitted to import automobiles for personal use in their name. The option is if your client (expatriate) can manage to get the help of a Kuwaiti friend/colleague and use that person as the importer. But your client must ensure that this Kuwaiti friend/colleague has not imported any cars previously in his name…..import of more than 1 car for personal use is not permitted.
- Timeline:We require 8-10 working days (for sea freight) and 2-3 working days (for air freights) from date of receipt of Delivery Order and all clearance docs from cnee, to process paper works through customs and clear cargo for inspection & delivery.
- Prohibited items: Pornographic literature, pork meat, alcoholic products, statues / art work defined as offensive to Islamic teachings and principles, narcotics, wireless transmitters, firearms and ammunition, goods of Israeli origin.
- Items which may be detained by Ministries for examination: Videos, books, records, CD’s, laser discs, audio cassettes, medicines/drugs, magazines and photographs.
Documentation requirements for import customs clearance includes:
- MBL/MAWB(Express or Original)
- Detailed Packing list
- Arabic Packing List (Generic. Format available upon request)
- Cnee’s passport original & copy (with photo/personal info page & residence permit stamp page)
- Cnee’s Visa copy with entry stamp of Kuwait Immigration (if applicable)
- Cnee’s civil ID original & copy
- Original Statistical Bayan / ED (For shipments of GCC origin)
- Employment letter (if applicable)
- Temporary import license (if required; to be obtained by consignee directly from the Ministry of Commerce here in Kuwait)
- Original Invoice/Cash receipt for proof of purchase
- Original Vehicle export certificate & clearance certificates from DoT at origin
- Registration / Vehicle ownership title (Original)
- Vehicle should meet GCC/DoT specs & not older than 5 years
- No items permitted to be stored inside vehicle.
- As per customs regulations, the cnee’s presence is mandatory for preparation of bayan & during inbound customs inspection.
- An expatriate is not allowed to import vehicles in his name.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. We are not able to take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Kuwaiti official office for full and current information prior to importation.
The Best International Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address! In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Anguila and choosing the right overseas moving services.