Moving to Korea
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Pornographic materials, firearms, swords and long knives, ammunition, narcotics, non-branded drugs. Any item which is considered to be detrimental to the public interest and national security.
Personal effects cannot be customs cleared prior to a shipper’s arrival in Korea. All shipments are subject to inspection, excluding diplomatic shipments. Arrival must be within 6 months of entry into Korea, by the owner(s). Non-Korean clients must have a work visa or long-term visa in order to do clearance without Duty/Tax. If clients pay Duty/Tax, Korean customs do not refund in any case.
Used household goods and personal effects are normally qualified for duty/tax free admittance into the Republic of Korea if they are considered to be necessary and an appropriate quantity.
New items, tobacco products, used and new automobiles, boats, aircrafts, motorcycles, jewels, grand pianos (free if over 6 months old one of piano major Diploma holder), over 50″ TV’s, over two TV sets (29″-49″)/one free & others dutiable, plasma TV’s are dutiable. Only 1 golf club and 1 ski per adult duty free.
Alcohol – Duty free for 1 bottle of wine, cognac, whiskey, vodka etc. per 1 adult.
For exceeding portion, the duty/tax rates are as follows ;
– Wine : 68.2% of customs duty, based on customs assessed value.
– Cognac : 144.9% of customs duty, based on customs assessed value
– Whiskey/Vodka : 155.5% of customs duty, based on customs assessed value
Honey – Duty free for 3 kgs per person (new)
All automobiles being imported into the Republic of Korea are subject to pay high duty/tax unless they belong to diplomatic or military personnel/ U.S. Governmental Contractor (SOFA: Status of Forces Agreement). An automobile must have been registered under shipper’s name at least three months before shipping to Korea. Proof of ownership / age (Registration, Title, Insurance policy and/or Purchasing receipts necessary. Korean made cars, which have been used more than 6 months are free of import duty/tax, however a Korean vehicle, which has been assembled in a foreign country is NOT eligible for import without duty/tax. Please contact your T.I.M.N. agent, for additional information.
Household goods and personal effects of foreign diplomats are exempt from examination. Korean diplomats are not subject to the same regulations as those of any returning Korean resident, their shipments are inspected as they aren’t diplomats in Korea. Please specify DIPLOMATIC HOUSEHOLD GOODS on ocean/air bill of lading.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR IMPORT INTO KOREA
1) Original B/L or Air Way Bill
2) Legible inventory list
3) Original Passport of each member of the family
4) Original Residence Certificate (shipper and family)
Please show in the consignee & notify of OBL/AWB for every location in Korea as:
Owner’s full name as printed in the passport
C/O T.I.M.N. Agent’s name and address
Cats and dogs will be released through customs only after passing through medical inspection at the National Quarantine Station. A Certificate of Health and Rabies Vaccination Certificate from the country of origin are also required.
RECOMMENDED PORTS OF ENTRY
Korean shipper must be present for inspection at any Customs House, foreigners do not need to be present for inspection at Customs House.
1) Busan :
We strongly recommend you to send shipment to Busan if you need it to be delivered to Seoul or to the southern part of Korea. Customs regulations allow bonded transit from port Busan to Seoul Customs House for inspection. Transit / clearance time 10-15 days.
Bonded transit from Incheon port to the Seoul Customs House is not permitted. Shipments imported via Incheon will be customs inspected within the Incheon port (only).
Air cargo shipments
Kimhae Airport (Busan)
For Busan and southern area.
Incheon Airport (Seoul)
Port of entry for any shipment.
LOOSE LOADED CONTAINER SHIPMENTS
Korean customs regulations do not allow port to door delivery of containers except diplomatic shipments. Containers must be unloaded at the customs bonded warehouse for inspection. After customs clearance, shipments will be transported to the destination residence by truck / van.
– Korean customs do not allow to import pine pallet from USA, Japan, China, Taiwan, Canada, Mexico and Portugal. If it is imported from those areas, Customs incinerate the pallet and bill the charge, about $50 USD/pallet.
– Korean customs quarantine cereal (rice, sesame etc.), seed.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Korean customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Korea
When moving from Canada to Korea it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Korea, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Korea and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Korea. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Korea and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”