Moving to Japan
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Firearms, swords, narcotics, pornographic magazines/photographs/films, pictures or sculpture, special animals and vegetable (animal and vegetable quarantine to be required).
- “Declaration of Accompanied Personal Effects and Unaccompanied Articles” supplied in aeroplane or at arrival airport. This form must be declared to airport customs and must be authorised with customs officer’s stamp. The “Declaration” should be completed by property owner in filling up the items/number of packages, and so forth. This Declaration is required by customs officer at clearance. (Very important and only one chance to declare).
- Passport Copy – face, more than one year stay visa in Japan and entry dated stamp for the proof of above declaration.
- Packing List (inventory) in English or Japanese.
- Keys if suitcases or trunks are locked.
- Disembarkment / Arrival Stamp
Limit for exemption of import duty (per adult) – Combines quantity for both accompanied and unaccompanied baggage lump sum.
Alcoholic beverage : 3 bottles
Cigars : 100 pieces for non resident (in case there is no other kind of tobacco)
Cigarettes : 400 pieces for non resident (id.)
Pipe tobacco etc. : 500 gs for non-resident (in case there are more than 2 kinds of tobacco, up to 500gs. in total weight) Perfume : 2 oz.
Tax on Alcohol
Whisky: ¥600/bottle (750 cc)
Gin/Liquor: ¥375/bottle (750 cc)
Wine: ¥150/bottle (750 cc)
Brandy: ¥560/bottle (700 cc)
Motor Vehicles (Also motorbikes)
Qualified tax free entry per family provided that:
- Working Visa in Japan.
- C-5360-2 was declared.
- Registration certificate by shipper name.
- Bill of Sale or receipt.
- Alien Registration Card
- Original Passport
- Customs Form 1280 (3 copies)
After customs clearance, car must be modified to meet Japanese exhaust emission and safety regulation, said “SHAKEN” (Japanese car registration) is very expensive for non Japanese car to be examined and registered.
Cats & Dogs
Need certificate of vaccination which must be dated not less than 30 days but not more than 6 months before the entry into Japan. The period of stay at the Animal Quarantine kennel at Airport for inspection is 14 days but may differ according to the country of origin, plus health certificate.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Japanese customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Japan
When moving from Canada to Japan it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Japan, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Japan and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Japan. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Japan and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of Japanese Consulates in Canada:
Embassy of Japan in Canada
255 Sussex Drive
Fax: (613) 241-7415
Web Site: http://www.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., 1:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Consulate of Japan in Vancouver, Canada
800-1177 West Hastings Street
Phone: (604) 684-5868
Fax: (604) 684-6939
Web Site: http://www.vancouver.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/
Office Hours: Office Monday to Friday 9:00 am – Noon and 1:00 pm- 4:30 pm Visa Application Monday to Friday 9:30 am -11:30 am and 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
Consulate General of Japan in Montreal, Canada
600 rue de la Gauchetiere West, Suite 2120
Canada, H3B 4L8
Phone: (514) 866-3429
Fax: (514) 395-6000
Web Site: http://www.montreal.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/
Office Hours: Information and issuance of visas including the Working Holiday Visa. Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Consulate General of Japan in Toronto, Canada
Suite 3300, Royal Trust Tower
77 King Street West PO Box 10,
TD Centre, ON M5K 1A1
Web Site: http://www.toronto.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/
Office Hours: Mon. – Fri. (General) 09:00-12:30, 13:30-17:00 (Consular Section – Visas) 9:00-12:00, 13:30-16:00
Consulate General in Calgary, Canada
# 2300 TransCanada Tower
450 – 1st Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
Web Site: http://www.calgary.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-5:00pm
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”