Moving to Ireland Removals
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Plants, Drugs, Hay, Straw, Peat Moss, Explosives, Fireworks, Firearms except under licence from Irish Government.
Used household effects (including used motor cars) may be imported free of Customs duties, provided that they have been acquired by the Importer at least six months previously for substantial use outside the country and are being imported for personal use.
At least 4 days notice in advance is required:
- Completed Customs Import Notice, No 1076 Signed Customs Forms ( Originals must be posted to destination agent)
- Scanned copy of the photo page of your passport
- Packing List + total Value.
- Documentation confirming disposal of accommodation abroad and new employment.
- Name and address of Employer in Ireland and documentation regarding termination of employment abroad.
- Documentary evidence that you have resided abroad for at least one year. Old utility bills, bank letters or statements, employers letter, property lease documents are all very useful. It is important that we provide several documents to corroborate and support the application. (Min. 3)
- Employer’s letters should always detail dates of employment or new date of commencement and locations at which the work was / will be carried out.
- Commercial invoices for any new goods.
- If you wish to declare Silverware, an additional Form CU56 should be completed.
Customs Clearance will usually be confirmed within 2-3 days of your container arriving into port & assuming that all documentation is in order. We get 5 days free storage at the port after which demurrage and port storage charges can accrue. It is imperative therefore that our UK agent gets the ORIGINAL documents submitted as soon as the container arrives.
Before importing pets, an Import Licence should be obtained and quarantine arrangements made. This is a complicated procedure which we would be pleased to carry out on your behalf. The animal must be consigned as manifested freight to one of the approved ports of entry and moved from the Port or Airport by the Irish Transport Authority.
Plants must be accompanied by a Phythosanitary or Health Certificate issued at origin.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Ireland customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Ireland
When moving from Canada to Ireland it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Ireland, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Ireland and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Ireland. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies:
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Ireland and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of consulates in Canada:
Embassy of Ireland in Ottawa, Canada
Suite1105, 130 Albert Street
Ottawa, K1P 5G4
Web Site: http://www.embassyofireland.ca/
Office Hours: Opening Hours: Monday to Friday from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm & 2.00pm until 4.00pm. The Embassy s telephone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm until 5.00pm. Eastern Standard Time
Honorary Consul of Ireland in Vancouver, Canada
Suite 210-837 Beatty Street,
Canada V6B 2M6
City: Vancouver, B.C.
Honorary Consul of Ireland in Calgary, Canada
3803-8A Street SW
AB T2T 3B6
Phone: 001403 243 2970
Fax: 001403 287 1023
Honorary Consul of Ireland in St Albert, Canada
13 Glenmeadow Crescent
St Albert AB
City: St Albert
Phone: 001780 4580810
Fax: 001780 458 6483
Honorary Consul of Ireland in Montreal, Canada
1455 de Maisonneuve West
Canada H3G 1M8
City: Montreal (Quebec)
Phone: (514) 848 2424 (Ext 8711)
Honorary Consul General of Ireland in Newfoundland, Canada
34 Harvey Road, 5th Floor,
PO Box 5383, Stn C
St John’s Newfoundland A1C 5WC