Moving to Hong Kong
- Photocopy of Customer’s Passport picture page
- Authorization Letter from Customer for Destination Agent to handle Customs clearance (provided by Destination Agent.)
- All air shipments are physically inspected
- Surface shipments are physically inspected at random
- Alcohol and tobacco products and perfume are subject to duties Feathers, furs, skins, tusks, ivory and certain agriculture products require Exporting Country’s License, Certificate of Origin, and an Import License, and are subject to inspection by the Agriculture and Fisheries Department
- Pesticides and radioactive substances
- Narcotic drugs/medications (import permitted with copy of prescription) Plants, trees, vegetables (a Phytosanitary Certificate and Import License is required) Uncooked meat/poultry Pornographic or politically subversive material
- Weapons, ammunition, fireworks, explosives and clasp-knives are subject to import license and police control
- Only right-hand drive vehicles are permitted (driving is on the left) Certain models are not accepted (must contact Transport Department for further details) Very high duty and taxes Vehicle must be owned by customer for more than 6 months Documents required:
- Bill of Sale/Original Purchase Invoice Export License in origin country stating engine and chassis number Registration Certificate showing the dimensions Deregistration Certificate Passport Hong Kong Insurance Certificate Driver’s license Authorization letter for Destination Agent to handle Customs clearance
- Full Exhaust Emission Test Certificate (should be obtained prior to departure from origin)
- They must be reported to Transport Department within 14 days of arrival in Hong Kong Transport Department
3/FL., United Centre
- Quarantine may be required depending on the type of animal and the country of origin
- Documents required:
- Health Certificate cannot be more than 14 days old and must be endorsed by a Government approved Veterinarian Rabies Vaccination must be administered at least 30 days before departure, but not more than six months before departure Import Permit issued by the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and valid for 30 days from date of issue
- Both a Residence Certificate as well as an additional International Health Certificate must be prepared and must be endorsed by the USDA/APHIS/VS
Special permits must be obtained in advance for the importation of animals and birds. Quarantine periods vary according to the animal’s country of origin. Application forms for the permits may be obtained from:
The Agriculture and Fisheries Department
12th Floor, Canton Road Government Offices
393 Canton Road
Kowloon, Hong Kong
NOTE – Customs regulations are subject to change at any time. The proceeding information is a brief summary of customs regulations applicable to household goods shipments to this destination and is being provided for general guidance to assist our Agents and Customers. Since such regulations are subject to change without notice, Orbit cannot be held liable for any costs, damage, delays, or other detrimental events resulting from non-compliance. Always double check with your local embassy or consulate.
Moving to Hong Kong
When moving from Canada to Hong Kong it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Hong Kong, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Hong Kong and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Hong Kong. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies:
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Hong Kong and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of Consulates:
Chinese Consulate General in Calgary, Canada
Suite 100, 1011-6th Ave., S.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 0W1
Web Site: http://calgary.china-consulate.org
Chinese Consulate General in Toronto, Canada
240 St. George St.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5R 2P4
Web Site: http://toronto.chineseconsulate.org
Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Canada
515 St. Patrick Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5H3
Chinese Consulate General in Vancouver, Canada
3380 Granville St., Vancouver
B.C. V6H3K3, Canada
Web Site: http://vancouver.china-consulate.org