Moving to Denmark Overseas Shipping
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
The following may not be imported: Narcotics, medicine, firearms and ammunition (unless license by Danish Ministry of Justice), live plants (unless license granted by Danish Governmental Plant Protection Service based on certificate from authorities at origin that plants are free from disease), and live, dead or pre-manufactured parts of animals that are mentioned in the Washington Convention (unless license granted by Danish Nature Conservancy Board).
Duty is not applied in the following instances:
They can be imported irrespectively of quantity and value by all intending residents provided that:
- They have been owned and used for a minimum of six months (from EU-countries only 3 months) and still are intended for owner’s use.
- Danes returning home must have had residence abroad min. twelve months (EU-countries min. six months).
Exceptions from duty-free household goods are:
Any quantities of wine, spirits or tobacco included in a household goods shipment must be declared and will attract duties and VAT. The general regulations is that customs will accept a maximum of 10 liters of spirits, 20 liters fortified wine not exceeding 22% volume, 90 liters wine of which max. 60 liters may be sparkling wine, and 110 liters of beer as part of a household goods shipment only. Larger quantities are considered as commercial import and can only be imported by licensed importers unless an authorization has been obtained from the local customs office.
As the amount of duties and taxes are based on the value of the wine, spirit or tobacco it is impossible to indicate a general level of duties. Please note that the Danish Customs does not distinguish between opened and unopened bottles. All bottles will attract full taxes and duties.
Cars, motorbikes, airplanes, caravans, pleasure crafts and motor trailers can be imported duty free, if in owner’s possession and registered abroad for minimum 6 months, but the registration tax must be paid in any case – and is very high!
- Copy of Passport
- Documentation that moving person has been a resident abroad for min. 12 months (in EEC- countries only 6 months.)
- Full info re the citizens address abroad and in Denmark including email, phone numbers and addresses.
- Certificate from authorities abroad, employer or the like.
- Registration certificate (for vehicles)
Green insurance card – third party (for vehicles)
Personal belongings of diplomats employed with foreign missions in Denmark can be entered free of duty and customs examination, if the local mission issues a franchise.
Can be imported free of duty, when consignee can certify to be intestate successor either by will or lawyer’s legalisation of inventory.
Can be imported provided to following documents available, Health certificate not more than 1 month old, and Rabies certificate between I and 12 month old.
From a non EU country to a secondary residence in Denmark:
The owner must have resided abroad for min.12 months and effects must have been owned for min. 6 months. The secondary residence must be owned or rented for at least 24 months and the effects not be rented nor sold for a period of 24 months from the import date.
If the above regulation is not met, import duties will apply (25% of declared insurance value).
Visitors not taking residence in Denmark cannot import household goods free of duty.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Denmark customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Denmark
When moving from Canada to Denmark it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Denmark, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Denmark and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Denmark. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies:
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Denmark and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of Danish Consulates
Royal Danish Embassy in Canada
47 Clarence Street
Ontario, K1N 9K1
Phone: (+1) (613) 5621811
Fax: (+1) (613) 5621812
Web Site: http://canada.um.dk/
Office Hours: 09.00-13.00, 14.00-16.00
Royal Danish Consulate General in Canada
2 Floor Street West
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3E2
Phone: +1 (416) 962 5661
Fax: +1 (416) 962 3668
Web Site: http://canada.um.dk/
Royal Danish Consulate in Montreal, Canada
1, Place Ville Marie, 35th Floor
Phone: (514) 877-3060
Fax: (514) 871-8977
Royal Danish Consulate in Vancouver, Canada
755-777 Hornby Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Phone: (604) 684-5171
Fax: (604) 682-8054