Moving to Argentina
- Inventory in Spanish, detailed (“PBO” – packed by owner and “misc.” – miscellaneous not acceptable)
- Returning Argentine citizens require a Certificate of Residence from origin country
- Argentine Citizens must provide a valid passport showing that bearer has resided in another country for a period of not less than 12 months and that such residence has not been interrupted with entries into Argentina for more than 40-60 days in the last 12 months prior to entering the country
- Customer may not ship any household goods to Argentina 3 years prior to current shipment of household goods
- Foreign Citizens must provide a valid passport with Resident Visa (minimum period of one year) issued at the country of origin and a Permanent Entry Visa stamped on the passport by immigration authorities at airport of entry
- Customer’s importing household goods with a temporary visa must deposit a “Guarantee” based on the value of the goods
- Customer should declare and note on passport they will be expecting a shipment of household goods
- ALL DOCUMENTS must show customer’s name as it appears in the passport — abbreviations or nicknames NOT acceptable
- CUSTOMER’S PRESENCE AT CLEARANCE IS RECOMMENDED IN ORDER TO SIGN PAPERS AND SUPPLY THEIR PASSPORT TO CUSTOMS
- Foreigners with a permanent residence visa and/or returning Argentine citizens who have been living abroad for over one year can import used household goods and personal effects duty-free
- Foreigners without a permanent residence visa may import used household goods and personal effects on a temporary basis
- One air and one sea shipment allowed
- Shipment must arrive within six months after customer or three months before
- If shipment arrives over six months after customer, a special permit has to be obtained from the Director General of Customs in Argentina
- These and other regulations may vary according to the customer’s immigration status
- All items must be USED and have been in possession of the shipper for at least one year. New items are subject to high duties and cause delays in customs clearance
DUTIABLE /RESTRICTED ITEMS
- New items (less than six months old) are subject to high duties
- Only one of each major appliance is allowed
- Sports weapons allowed with proof of ownership
- Alcohol, tobacco and food products (large amounts are subject to confiscation)
- Only two bottles per adult may be imported tax free.
- Heavy weapons, ammunition and explosives
- Firearms need special permit (Renar-Registro Nacional de Armas) from the local authorities
- Should be numbered separately on inventory and loaded near the container doors for easy access
- Drugs and narcotics
- Pornographic material
- New computers
- Color TVs and new TVs
- Diplomats are permitted to import used or new autos
- Used autos can be imported by Argentinean returning citizens (abroad for at least two years) or immigrants with residence in Argentina
- Importation of new autos is subject to Ministry of Commerce Administrative regulations and are limited to certain makes and models (consult Destination Agent for specifics prior to forwarding)
- Autos for private use are subject to duty
- One auto per adult (21 years old or older), two per family
- Auto must have been registered in customer’s name and must have been purchased or transferred to customer a minimum of three months prior to arrival of customer in Argentina
- Auto must not be sold for at least one year after clearance
- Auto must be imported within six months of customer’s arrival
- Documents required:
- Original Purchase Invoice
- Certificate of Residence
- Original Passport
- Original license
- Certification from an Argentine Consulate, establishing that customer has been living in country of origin during the last 12 months (this certificate is mandatory)
- A “CERTIFICADO DE PRE-EMBARQUE” (Pre/Shipment Inspection Certificate) is required for the importation of automobiles and/or motorcycles.
- 2 Original Ocean Bill of Ladings must be in Shipper’s name
- Separate Ocean Bills of Lading are required-one for household goods and one for the auto (even if the household goods and auto are both in container)
- Returning citizens or importers with a permanent visa will pay duties of 78.20% on CIF value. Auto cannot be picked up from customs unless the duties have been paid.
- Argentine citizens returning who might have entered a move a long time ago, or importers with old residence in Argentina may not import a motor vehicle.
- An Argentine citizen who has already imported an auto previously may not import a second auto.
- *Above documents must be certified or Visaed by the Argentine Consulate in the origin country
- The following documents must be presented for the importation of pets:
- Air Waybill/Original Bill of Lading
- Veterinary Certificate attesting to the animal’s good health and issued by the Argentine consulate of the owner’s country of origin.
FIREARMS AND WEAPONS
- The shipper musts obtain a government permit to import firearms. The guns will be held in a customs bonded warehouse until the permit is ready (usually 3-6 months).
- Declaration is required prior to customs inspection and proof of ownership is required for customs clearance. Owner’s presence is required for clearance.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. Cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest argentina customs office at http://www.consargtoro.ca/ for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Argentina
When moving from Canada to Argentina it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Argentina, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Argentina and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Argentina. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Argentina and choosing the right overseas moving services.
Embassy of Argentina in Ottawa, Canada
81 Metcalfe 7th Floor,
Phone: 1 (613) 236 2351
Fax: 1 (613) 235 2659
Web Site: http://www.argentina-canada.net/
Consulate of Argentina in Montreal, Canada
Suite 600, Montreal
Quebec H3A 2W5
Phone: (514) 842-6582
Fax: (514) 842-5797
Consulate General of the Argentina Republic in Toronto, Canada
5001 Yonge Street
Phone: 1 (416) 955-9075
Fax: 1 (416) 955-0868
General Fax: (416) 955-0868
Web Site: http://www.consargtoro.ca
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, from 9.30 hs to 12.30 hs.