Moving to Puerto Rico
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Liquors and spirits should not be included in any shipment, nor should personal effects be placed in the trunks of automobiles. Liquors will be confiscated by local authorities. Shippers should be advised not to ship firearms to Puerto Rico. The laws for registering these items are strict and complicated, and confiscation by local authorities can be expected. Further, it is likely that the shipment will have to be completely re-handled at the local piers.
Shipments originating in any of the 50 U.S. STATES (Domestic Shipments) are only subject to payment of Insular Excise Taxes, while shipments originating elsewhere are subject to payment of both Insular Excise Tax and U.S. Customs duties (Foreign Shipments).
Documents required for Household Goods and Automobiles:
- Ocean Waybill (Original in case of Foreign Shipments)
- U.S. Customs Form 3299 for Foreign Shipments
- Household Good Freight Bill signed by owner
- Inventory signed by owner
- Copy of driver’s license and social security card
- Original Certificate of Automobile Title
- Original Automobile Registration
If there is any balance pending on an automobile (lien), an original notarised authorization from the entity financing same is required, with copy of registration, before automobile can be registered in Puerto Rico. To accomplish registration, those items indicated with the marks “++”, plus a valid driver’s license, Social Security number, and local physical and mailing address are required.
Keys to an automobile, including trunk, should be sent to agent, to arrive prior to the arrival of the vehicle.
Automobiles originating in a so-called foreign country must have displayed thereon, information that it fulfils the U.S. requirements pertaining to pollution, or an accompanying certificate to that effect from the manufacturer. Automobiles are subject to inspection by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The shipper must be present when the shipment arrives. A single Customs Form can be used to cover both the Foreign Household Goods shipment and the Foreign Automobile shipment, provided both will arrive on the same ship and both are covered by the same Ocean Waybill.
On foreign shipments, all shippers will be required to attend an interview at the U.S. Customs office before delivery of the shipment.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All shipments of HHG & Personal Effects are subject to local Excise Tax Clearance. New HHG, sports equipment, musical instruments, luxury items, electrical appliances, rugs are taxed at 6.6% of declared value. For shipments to or from the off-shore communities of Culebra and Vieques, it is necessary to obtain a special quotation.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Puerto Rico customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Puerto Rico
When moving from Canada to Puerto Rico it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Puerto Rico, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Puerto Rico and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Puerto Rico. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Puerto Rico and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”