Moving to Austria overseas shipping
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Food, tobacco, spirits and firearms are restricted articles. Drugs are prohibited.
The following information is necessary for the duty free importation of household effect/automobiles into Austria:
- Valid passport.
- If the customer is an EU citizen, a letter of employment or other official proof is necessary, stating that he/she has lived abroad for at least 12 months.
- Registration with the respective city authorities in Austria.
- Automobiles: must have been in possession and use of customer for at least 6 months in the country of departure, separate customs clearance at the main customs office in Vienna is necessary with purchase invoice, title, etc. A tax called “NOVA” (between 8 and 14 % of the actual value) has to be paid at the time of registration. NOVA means “Normverbrauchsabgabe” (standard consumption tax) and is calculated on the average gas consumption of the individual model. The car cannot be cleared together with the household goods. After customs clearance, the cars, motorcycles, etc. are blocked for 12 months, i. e. within this period they may neither be sold nor given away unless the customs duties and VAT are subsequently paid.
The above documentation refers to private household shipments only, diplomatic shipments will be cleared through customs on basis of adequate customs declaration issued by the responsible embassy.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest customs office for Austria for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Austria
When moving from Canada to Austria it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Austria, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Austria and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Austria. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Austria and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of Austrian Consulates in Canada
Embassy of Austria in Ottawa, Canada
445 Wilbrod Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6M7
Phone: (613) 789-1444
Fax: (613) 789-3431
Web Site: http://www.aussenministerium.at/ottawa
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Consulate of Austria in Calgary, Canada
Demiantschuk Milley Burke & Hoffinger, Barristers
# 1200, 1015 – 4th Street S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2R 1J4
Phone: (+1) (403) 283 65 26
Fax: (+1) (403) 263 85 29
Office Hours: Wed: 13.00-17.00
Consulate General of Austria in Halifax, Canada
1718 Argyle Street, Suite 410
Nova Scotia Canada
Phone: (+1) (902) 429 82 00
Fax: (+1) (902) 425 05 81
Office Hours: 08.30-17.00
Consulate General of Austria in Montreal, Canada
1350 ouest, rue Sherbrooke, Suite 1110
Montreal, Quebec H3G 1J1
Phone: (+1) (514) 845 86 61
Fax: (+1) (514) 845 93 97
Consulate of Austria in Regina, Canada
2401 Saskatchewan Drive, Suite 100
Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 4H9
Phone: (+1) (306) 359 77 77
Fax: (+1) (306) 522 32 99
Office Hours: 08.00-17.00
Consulate General of Austria in Toronto, Canada
30 St.Clair Ave.W., Suite 1402
Toronto, ON, M4V 3A1
Office Hours: from 10-12
Consulate General of Austria in Vancouver, Canada
600 – 890 W. Pender Street
V6C 1J9, Vancouver, B. C.
Phone: (+1) (604) 687 33 38
Fax: (+1) (604) 687 13 27
Consulate of Austria in Winnipeg, Canada
1001 Sherwin Road
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0T8
Phone: (+1) (204) 833-0100
Fax: (+1) (204) 833-0103
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”