Moving to Taiwan
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
It is prohibited to import obscene or indecent materials (books and other publications), articles from the PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA, any items considered to be weapons (such as hunting knives, bows or firearms), opium, poppy seeds, cannabis indica, cocaine and synthetic narcotics, soil, plants and animals from an infected area or animal hide, alcohol and intoxicating liquor.
Used household goods must be shipped into Taiwan within 6 months after owner’s arrival. The owner should be in Taiwan when the shipment arrives.
- Copy of owner’s passport.
- Original of Ocean Bill of Lading/Airway Bill.
- Complete copy of Inventory (Packing List).
- Copy of Immigration Stamp with entry date on the owner’s passport.
- Copy of the embarkation card that is stuck on the passport.
- Company’s letter for Working Certificate
Please show in the consignee block in OBL/AWB for every location in Taiwan as:
* OWNER’S NAME (as it appears in their passport)
* C/O our agent (name and address)
Used automobiles may be imported into Taiwan with pre-arrangement for obtaining import permit issued by Board of Foreign Trade before shipping to Taiwan if the car’s value over USD 20,000.00. The following documents are required to obtain an import permit. All motor vehicles must pass environmental test from our own government, otherwise the motor vehicle cannot be registered in Taiwan and has to return to original country.
- Copy of owner’s passport.
- Copy of owner’s resident certificate (for Foreigner) / copy of Taiwanese’s ID (for Taiwan citizen)
- Original resident certificate (for foreigner)/original Taiwanese ID (for Taiwan citizen) is required to applying for a temporary licence.
- Copy of the car title.
- Original title of the car is required to provide auto environmental testing.
- Vehicle must use un-leaded gasoline.
- vehicle must have left hand side steering wheel.
Pets may be imported into Taiwan. An Import Permit and Quarantine are both required in Taiwan. The following documents are required to obtain an import permit.
- Photocopy of owner’s passport.
- Origin certificates of HEALTH & RABIES VACCINATION from government or state sponsored agency.
- Photo of animal, 6 copies 4” x 6”.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Taiwanese customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Taiwan
When moving from Canada to Taiwan it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Taiwan, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Taiwan and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Taiwan. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Taiwan and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”