Moving to Singapore
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Weapons and ammunition of any kinds (including weapons for display), narcotics, non branded drugs, chewing gum, pornographic materials (publications, clippings or films), politically sensitive or subversive literature, firecrackers, counterfeit currencies, and endangered species of wildlife.
CUSTOMS REGULATIONS WHEN SHIPPING TO SINGAPORE
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects may be imported free of duty within six months of owner’s arrival in Singapore provided:
- Items were in possession of shipper for at least 6 months.
- Shipper has obtained an employment pass for a minimum of 6 months or his company can produce a copy of his employment pass application together with a sponsor letter.
- Copy of shipper’s passport.
- Detailed household packing list in English. (normally supplied by your international shipping company).
- Original Bill of Lading.
Alternatively GST, currently at the rate of 5% of the declared value of the shipment, must be paid.
DUTIABLE ITEMS IN SINGAPORE
Singapore Customs Authorities perform physical inspection of all inbound international shipments of Household Goods. The following commodities attract duties:
Current duty level:
Cigarettes/Cigars/Tobacco: at US$110.00 per kilo.
Wine, Spirits and other alcoholic beverages
Current duty level:
Wine (Still): US$6.00 per litre + 5% GST
Wine (Sparkling): US$8.00 per litre + 5% GST
Liquor, Whiskey, Brandy and Spirits: US$19.00 per litre + 5% GST
A test may be ordered for alcoholic beverage not listed with the Singapore Customs and duty will be levied according to the alcoholic content. Testing fee is
US$ 80.00 per bottle.
Always provide a detailed list of brand name, alcohol content and bottle size, pack in separate, clearly marked boxes and place these easily accessible in the container/lift van. This will facilitate customs clearance and delivery.
Motor Vehicles and Motor Cycles
Please contact your T.I.M.N. Agent for further information prior to export to Singapore. (Importation is not normally recommended)
Except for pets arriving from the UK, Australia and New Zealand, all pets are subject to quarantine for one month on arrival to Singapore and also a licence must be granted by the Director of Primary Products, Singapore. The licence must be obtained 7 days before importation. Quarantine space is limited and must be booked months ahead.
Recorded video tapes/films, except for Ballet, Opera, Classical and Jazz music recordings, sports, educational, documentary and cartoon video tapes and films meant for children, must be censored on arrival to Singapore. A detailed list of titles with the documentation should be provided and packed in separate, clearly marked boxes and placed in an easily accessible position in the container/lift van. This will facilitate customs clearance and delivery.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Singapore customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Singapore
When moving from Canada to Singapore it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Singapore, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Singapore and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Singapore. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Singapore and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”