Moving to Netherlands overseas shipping
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Drugs, Firearms, ammunition flammable products, pornography and (parts of) protected animals (both subject to license). Alcohol may be imported but is subject to full duties and taxes.
Please also note that only limited quantities of (canned) food and / or beverages can be imported into The Netherlands; any quantities above the average will immediately result in an inspection by customs, next to that import duties / taxes and customs inspection charges will have to be paid. We strongly suggest not to ship any food or beverages.
Household goods and personal effects can be imported free of duty and VAT provided that:
- The owner transfers his / her main residence from another country to The Netherlands.
- The owner has resided outside The Netherlands for at least one year.
- The goods have to be for personal use and cannot be sold within 1 year after customs clearance.
Documents required for customs clearance of household goods and personal effects:
- Customs form
- please note that the Dutch Customs will need to receive the original completed custom form,
they do not accept any copies of the custom form.
- 3 copies of legible inventory list
- Copy of passport
- Copy proof of registration of commune shipper intends to live in (in Dutch it is called “vestiging uit het buitenland”). Document can be obtained at local Town Hall
- Employers declaration stating place and duration of employment in The Netherlands
- Copy lease or deed of future residence. The Dutch Customs also require a copy of lease or bill of sale of the Canadian residence, if the client can not
provide these documents, the customs will also accept utility bills of the previous residence.
It is common that The Netherlands agent will be applying for the Exemption of Duties and Taxes on behalf of the client. The required documents are to be handed over to the Agent who will accordingly submit the request to the appropriate local customs office.
Your client should be made aware that obtaining a free import permit is a time consuming matter. Unfortunately, your client will have to allow at least 2 – 6 weeks, from date of handing over above mentioned document to customs, to have the free import permit issued.
In order to import cars / motorcycles free of any duties / taxes into The Netherlands it should be part of a household shipment and should have been owned and used for at least six months prior to actual shipping out. The owner should also have stayed outside The Netherlands for at least one year.
Dutch customs also requires the full and complete chassis number of car / motorcycle to be hammered on framework of car / motorcycle. A small metal plate just beneath the win screen (like US cars are having) will not be authorized. In case no chassis number has been hammered in at all, we can have it done at additional charges.
Documents required for customs clearance of motor vehicle:
- Copy of purchase invoice
- Original certificate of title
- Copy proof of insurance
With the above mentioned documents, plus the document for the household shipment, client will have to request for an Exemption from Duties and Taxes from the Head of the Customs and Excise in the district where he / she intends to take up residence. Client will be informed with the address of the local customs office where he / she has to hand over the required documents. our Agent should be in possession of the free import permit at least 1 week prior to arrival of the shipment in Rotterdam port / Amsterdam airport to avoid demurrage / detention / storage charges.
Duty-free importation allowed upon presentation of a D39 form issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or relevant Embassy / Consulate.
Inheritance goods / Wedding gifts / Return goods
They may be imported free of duties and taxes with an ‘Exemption of Duties and Taxes’. Copy of Will and Notarial Act with inventory list required.
They may be imported if a health certificate is added to the list of documents and vaccination for ‘Rabies’.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Netherlands customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Netherlands
When moving from Canada to Netherlands it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Netherlands, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Netherlands and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Netherlands. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Netherlands and choosing the right overseas moving services.
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”