Moving to Belgium
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED GOODS
Drugs and narcotics. Firearms require a special permit.
(APPLICABLE TO NON-EEC MOVES ONLY)
Used household goods and personal effects may be imported duty-free into Belgium provided that they have been in the owner’s possession and used abroad for at least six months.
- Photostat copy of passport showing picture and signature.
- Non-valued inventory list or packing list in English, French or German signed in original by customer.
- Signed questionnaire confirming all household goods are for personal use and owned more than 6 months
- Copy town hall registration or substitute: a provisional registration – attestation of arrival (aankomstattest/attestation d’arrivée) from the Belgian commune of residence.
- Copy letter of employment and/or any other documents proving that client lived at least one year in country of departure prior to his arrival in Belgium.
- For returning Belgian citizens only: also a certificate of change of residence from the last Belgian commune of departure.
- Original or Express ocean bill of lading or airway bill.
- For diplomatic shipments only: customs form 136F and diplomatic attestation.
Cars and Motorcycles:
Duty free import will be allowed if importer was using vehicle at least 6 months before change of residence. The vehicle must be mentioned on the inventory list with full technical specifications (make, model, plate no., chassis no., year of construction, etc.). The following documents are required if it is not a diplomatic shipment:
- title of registration / proof of insurance / purchase invoice
- Photostat copy of passport showing picture and signature
- Copy of letter of employment and / or any other documents proving that client has lived at least one year in country of departure prior to his arrival in Belgium
- Copy of town hall registration or Belgian ID card mentioning the address.
- If the shipment is a diplomatic shipment a 136F form is only required.
Wine and Liquor:
A detailed valued inventory list is required. Import duties and VAT will be due.
A rabies vaccination certificate dated at least 30 days and not more than 1 year prior to entry is required.
A detailed list and purchase invoices are required. Import duties and VAT will be due.
Important: This information is intended for general guidance. Orbit International Logistics LTD. and international movers cannot however take responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss or damage that may occur from its use. As such it is advisable to contact the nearest Belgium customs office for full and current information prior to importation.
Moving to Belgium
When moving from Canada to Belgium it is very important to choose the best overseas moving company. Orbit International Moving Logistics is the best international moving company in Canada. With our extensive experience with international relocations to Belgium, Orbit International Moving Logistics can offer you and your family, valuable insights about you’re moving to Belgium and finding the right international relocation companies and choosing the best international moving service overseas moving companies. We have listed below helpful ideas and tips that can help you plan you’re moving to Belgium. Shall you prefer to talk with an International moving consultant, please call (416) 661-4228.
The Best Overseas Moving Companies
There are many overseas moving companies who claim to be the best mover and best relocation company in the country. Of course this cannot be true because then, all the international shipping companies would be the best.
To help determine which overseas moving company is right for you, Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd has gathered some vital points for you to consider.
- The best tip – a recommendation from a friend.
- Research the overseas moving companies you are considering. Check if they are licensed to export and import.
- Make sure that you are performing an equal comparison between the quotes of the various companies. You compare international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping an equal volume of goods and contracting the same exact shipping service on the same dates. Pay special attention to the “EXCLUDES” of each quote to insure that you are not overlooking any hidden fees.
- Check the overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for testimonials from past clients. A reputable overseas moving company should have some for you to review.
- Visit the physical office of the overseas moving company you are considering. Never trust an international moving company without a physical address!. In this day and age anyone can have an office in their basement.
- Make sure that the overseas shipping company you choose has reputable overseas forwarding agents who can assist you in the same manner that you are getting from the company moving you from Canada.
Orbit International Moving Logistics Ltd was established by 2 long time family friends who had experienced moves with mixes results. However, none have satisfied the quality of service needed during such an emotional and straining event. We have extensive experience relocating customers worldwide by Ocean Freight and Air Cargo as we are an international shipper. Our rates are always All-inclusive. What sets us apart is the level of service we offer our customers. We provide free, no-obligation estimates, listen to your concerns, and find the solutions best suited to meeting your removal and relocation needs – whether you’re moving your family.(i.e. door-to-door, door to port, full containers, RO-RO, custom crates, etc.) We offer free consultations with one of our relocation specialist and assist you in planning moving to Belgium and choosing the right overseas moving services.
List of Consulates
Embassy of Belgium in Ottawa, Canada
360 Albert Street, Suite 820
Ottawa Ontario K1R 7X7
Phone: + (1) (613) 236.72.67
+ (1) (613) 236.72.69
+ (1) (613) 236.74.68
Fax: + (1) (613) 236.78.82
Web Site: http://www.diplomatie.be/ottawa/
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday:9-1 pm and 2-3 pm
Friday: 9-2 pm
General Consulate of Belgium in Toronto, Canada
2, Bloor Street West
Suite 2006, Box 88
Toronto, ON, M4W 3E2
Phone: 001 416-944-1422
Fax: 001 416-944-1421
Web Site: http://www.diplomatie.be/toronto
Office Hours: Open to the public: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 1 PM
Consulate-general of Belgium in Montreal, Canada
999 de Maisonneuve West, Suite 1600
Montreal – Quebec H3A-3L4
Phone: + (1) (514) 849.73.94
Fax: + (1) (514) 844.31.70
Web Site: http://www.diplomatie.be/montreal/
Honorary Consulate of Belgium in Edmonton, Canada
#305 – 10080 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta – T5J 1V9
Phone: + (1) (780) 429.9929 (ext. 222)
Fax: + (1) (780) 429.9981
Honorary Consulate of Belgium in Halifax, Canada
99 Wyse Road – Suite 970
Darmouth, NS – B3A 4S5, Canada
Phone: + (1) (902) 423.0787
Fax: + (1) (902) 481.0270
Honorary Consulate of Belgium in Quebec, Canada
Bureau 500, 925 Grande Allee Ouest
Quebec, QC – G1S 1C1
Phone: + (1) (418) 266 3077
Fax: + (1) (418) 688 3458
Honorary Consulate of Belgium in Winnipeg, Canada
22 Collingwood Crescent
Manitoba R2J 3L1
Phone: + (1) (204) 261.14.15
Fax: + (1) (204) 261.14.15
Honorary Consulate of Belgium in Vancouver, Canada
166, 10th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia V5Y 1R8
Phone: + (1) (604) 879.7782
Fax: + (1) (604) 879.7260
“Discover the Difference with Orbit”